The 2023 rider application will be open on November 1, 2023
Join The Ride – Please click on “Rider Application” on the right to apply online
First off, we want to thank you for considering a ride with us on this, our 20th annual charity run “Out of the Wings and Into the Wind.” We’ve had a great time on our previous trips and are looking forward to an even better run this Summer.
- All riders will need to have the following:
- A motorcycle with a range of about 150 miles between gas stops
- A valid driver’s license with the appropriate motorcycle endorsement, where applicable
- Proof of insurance for yourself and the bike that you are riding. For example, if you are borrowing your brothers’ sisters’ uncles’ bike, the insurance coverage has to include you when you are driving it.
The per bike (or chase vehicle) fee for the full ride is $1,000.00 This includes a $150.00 deposit. Once we receive your online application form, we’ll set you up on the charity websites, so that you can make your deposit under your own name.
The day-tripper fee is $111.11 per day per bike/vehicle. This is for those that cannot ride the full route. There is a $111.11 deposit that should be sent in with your Ride Registration Form.
Here’s what you get:
Service providers and donations are coming in all the time, so it’s hard to say exactly what benefits will be available at the start of the ride, but we’re pretty sure that the minimum we’ll be able to provide is….
- Discounts on food and lodging along the route provided you use the designated vendors
- A T-shirt
- At least one commemorative kazoo in your choice of color combinations
- A good time and the satisfaction of knowing that you have participated in and contributed to a very worthwhile cause.
Please note that all ride fees, just like all of the donations, go directly to either Behind the Scenes or Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, or both. It’s your choice. Checks should be made payable to the appropriate charity and should identify you as the rider being sponsored. Do NOT make checks payable to LRLR, we’ll just have to send ’em back.
For up to date route and schedule information, please check out the rest of this site.
If you have further questions, email us at info@LRLR.org.